German utility plans country’s largest unsubsidized solar power project

first_img FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享PV Magazine:EnBW is planning a big solar park in Weesow-Willmersdorf, in the northeastern region of Brandenburg. If built, the project would become Germany’s largest solar plant. The company says it has a pipeline of unsubsidized projects with a combined capacity of 800 MW.A statement by the company today revealed EnBW has acquired the 175 MW Weesow-Willmersdorf solar park from Procon Solar, and that the project has been in development since 2009.EnBW says the project would be built without any subsidy provided for under the German Renewable Energy Sources Act (EEG) with the developer convinced subsidy-free large solar parks will be economically feasible in the near future in Germany. “We have seen a remarkable development over the past few years in solar technology,” said Dirk Güsewell, head of generation portfolio development at EnBW. “Due to technical advances, the cost of constructing solar parks has fallen dramatically – by up to 90% over the last ten years in Germany. Therefore, today the costs involved in solar energy are on at least an equal footing with other technologies – which has also been demonstrated by the results of the latest [renewable energy procurement] auctions. We anticipate that the first large solar projects will be realized without EEG funding in the foreseeable future. Solar energy thus has a realistic chance of achieving this market maturity.”Utility-scale PV plants can generate power for less than €0.05/kWh in Germany at a time when electricity spot prices are rising.More: Unsubsidized 175 MW solar project under development in Germany German utility plans country’s largest unsubsidized solar power projectlast_img read more

Other Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Haryana Steelers beat Tamil Thalaivas 43-35

first_imgRahul Chaudhari clinched a four-point raid in the first minute of the second half to inflict an All-Out on the Steelers. But Vikas Kandola upped his game to open up the lead once again for Haryana after the All-Out.Just when Haryana were edging close to inflicting another All-Out, Thalaivas’ Victor Obiero produced a stellar raid and a Super Tackle to keep them in the game.Unfortunately for the Thalaivas, Ajith Kumar wasn’t having the best of games in the attack, and lack of support for Rahul Chaudhari (who clinched a Super 10) finally showed when Vikas Kandola’s four-point raid with under six minutes remaining gave Haryana another All-Out.Vinay’s three-point Super Raid gave a cushion that the Haryana team managed to cling on. The victory consolidated their third position on the table. Pune: Vikas Kandola was yet again the star of the show for Haryana Steelers as they beat Tamil Thalaivas 43-35 in a Pro Kabaddi League match here on Saturday. Vikas Kandola clinched a Super 10 (13 points) for Rakesh Kumar coached Steelers who were given stiff competition by the Thalaivas in the mid-stages of the match.Rahul Chaudhari clinched a Super 10 (10 raid points) for Thalaivas but it was yet another disjointed performance from the star-studded lineup which meant they remained at the bottom of the points table.Tamil Thalaivas went into the match on a seven-match losing streak and, not surprisingly, it was the Haryana team who dominated the early minutes. Kandola, ably supported by Vinay, fetched raid points for the Steelers as they closed in on an All-Out.The error-prone Thalaivas defence gave away silly points but there was a fight in them that had been invisible in the previous matches. The Chennai-based unit finally succumbed to an All-Out with six minutes left to the half-time as Haryana moved to a six-point lead.But the Thalaivas came out with renewed energy after the restart, with Manjeet Chhillar and Mohit Chhillar looking good in defence. Rahul Chaudhari also got into the act, picking up his 100th raid point of the season, as the Thalaivas reduced Haryana’s lead to two points at half time (16-14). For all the Latest Sports News News, Other Sports News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.last_img read more

Ghana vs Guinea Bissau: Christian Atsu ruled out, Jonathan Mensah doubtful

first_imgChristian Atsu has been tentatively ruled out of Ghana’s last Group F game against Guinea Bissau on Tuesday after he picked up a muscle injury in Ghana’s 0-0 draw against Cameroon last Saturday.Center back, Jonathan Mensah, meanwhile, remains doubtful for the game after also picking up an injury against Cameroon.Both players were sent for scans on Sunday and head coach Kwesi Appiah has revealed Atsu’s injury is severe but indicated that Mensah’s situation will be monitored closely during this evening’s training session in Suez.“The doctor took Atsu for a scan and Jonathan as well who also picked up an injury. We will have today’s training and we wait for the full report.“According to the doctor, Atsu doesn’t look good but Jonathan will take part in the training session today to assess his situation,” Appiah said at his pre-match press conference.Kwesi Appiah however maintained that he still has enough options at the center back position to cover for the absence of Jonathan Mensah, if he fails to recover, and Kasim Nuhu, who is suspended for the game.“We have about 5 players who can play at center back so hopefully we should be fine,” Appiah said.Ghana must beat Guinea Bissau in their last Group F game in Suez to qualify to the round of 16.The game will take place at the 27,000 capacity Suez Stadium, home of Egyptian Premier League side, Petrojet.Kick off is at 6pm local time, 4pm in Ghana.last_img read more

$700M Kato Secondary School commissioned

first_imgThe Government has spent in excess of $700 million to facilitate construction works at the Kato Secondary School in Region Eight (Potaro-Siparuni). This was revealed on Friday when the Education Ministry commissioned the building, which has been in construction for several years.The Ministry informed that the tender process for the project was completed since December 2012, and a contract in excess of $728 million for construction of the building was later signed.In addition, $55 million was spent to furnish the building, while $37 million was expended to facilitate installation of the photovoltaic system at the school.Some 295 students, 11 teachers and 30 support staff members will now benefit at the Grade B school, the compound of which features several buildings, including an administrative building; a student dormitory with dining facilities; a teachers’ quarters; the main teaching block; a library; science and information technology labs; a smart classroom, as well as the Home Economics and Industrial Arts departments.The newly commissioned Kato Secondary SchoolIn attendance at the commissioning were Education Minister Nicolette Henry, Public Telecommunications Minister Catherine Hughes, and Communities Minister Ronald Bulkan.In delivering the feature address, Minister Henry said she was delighted that the school was finally finished and commissioned. She said that the completion of the structure can only improve the quality of life for that community, since quality education would now be provided in a modern space.She noted that the event is a testimony to the fact that the Ministry is serious about reducing the disparity that exists between the coastland and the hinterland.Meanwhile, Permanent Secretary of the Education Ministry, Adele Clarke, explained that the Ministry, in 2010, recognised the need for an additional secondary school in Sub-Region One, since there was overcrowding at the Paramakatoi Secondary School at the time. According to her, it was this that birthed the idea of having a new school in the North Pakaraimas area.She pointed out that initially there was a strong debate as to where the new school should be located, and Kato became the preferred option.Chief Education Officer (CEO) Marcel Hutson told the gathering that the occasion was a significant one, as a state-of-the-art school has been built in the hinterland community to serve the nation’s children.According to him, education is both a necessity and an investment which everyone should embrace with the seriousness that it deserves.Moreover, he noted that the era wherein education is acquired or delivered in crowded and stressful classrooms is becoming an issue of the past.He said the Ministry has taken a firm stand in ensuring that its policy on education as a top priority is fulfilled with the provision of proper infrastructure and sound curricular.last_img read more